According to the New Hampshire / Vermont region of the American Red Cross, workers have been depolyed to open an evacuation center at Missisquoi Valley Union High School for people who are escaping the current flooding situation in Swanton. Folks flooded out in Johnson can seek shelter at Johnson State.
The Red Cross is also monitoring rivers with ice jams that may result in flooding for communities including:
• Otter Creek in Rutland, VT
• Winooski River downstream from Montpelier, VT
• Souhegan River in Milford, NH
• Saco River in Conway, NH
• Pemigewasset River in Woodstock, NH and Plymouth, NH
• Sugar River in West Claremont, NH
• Contoocook River in Peterborough, NH where traffic is being re-routed due to flooding
• Connecticut River in Strataford, NH
No evacuations are currently being executed in these other communities, but the Red Cross is monitoring these areas should assistance become necessary.