Recipe from Michael Sanders of Cartwright, Okla.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hr
1 1/2 lb.s ground beef
1 ounce 1.25 taco seasoning mix
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 4-ounce can diced chilis
1 cup ricotta cheese
2 larges eggs beaten
10 corn tortillas
2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. In large skillet brown ground beef, stirring until cooked through; drain fat.
2. Add taco seasoning mix, seasoned salt, tomato sauce and chiles; Blend well.
3. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
4. In small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and eggs. in bottom of 13-9-2 inch baking dish.
5. Spread 1/2 of meat mixture. Top with 1/2 of tortillas; spread 1/2 of ricotta cheese mixture over tortillas and top with 1/2 of grated cheese.
6. Repeat layering, ending with a thick cheese top and bake, uncovered, in a 350* oven 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Servings: Makes 8 servings or more
Comments: You can top with extra cheese
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.