Quantcast

Burlington man dies following fire injuries - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Burlington man dies following fire injuries

Burlington, Vermont - November 5, 2010

A Burlington man died following injuries he suffered in a fire.

Investigators say 66-year-old Robert Rossi was badly burned in his apartment on North Prospect Street Thursday night. They believe the back of his clothes touched the burner on his electric stove and caught fire.

Rossi died Friday morning at Fletcher Allen Health Care. Firefighters say the tragedy could have been avoided. "This is one of those deals where, as adults, we sometimes forget what we learned as children," said Terry Francis, the fire marshal for the Burlington Fire Department. "If your clothing catches on fire, stop, drop, and roll. It's a pretty simple message, but it's something we tend for forget as we get older."

Francis says you should not wear loose clothing or a bathrobe with big sleeves when you're cooking. He also suggests using the back stove burners rather than the ones closest to you.

Jack Thurston - WCAX News

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.