July 19, 2011
Panzanella - Summer Vegetable Salad
Chef Courtney Contos
Culinary Coach and Food Writer
1. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, Dijon, lemon juice, basil, mint, salt, and pepper. Fold in the croutons and mix well. Let sit minimum 10 minutes.
2. Top each serving of tomato mixture with local salad greens. Using a vegetable peeler, shave some Tarenaise cheese on top.
Garlic & Cheese Croutons
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add the bread cubes to a large bowl and toss to coat with the olive oil and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the bread to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake, stirring once, until the croutons are crisp and lightly colored on the outside but still soft within, about 8-12 minutes. Let cool.
*Serve the salad as a first course or alongside grilled steak or chicken.
PO Box 4508