Chef Kim Lambrechts with the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe joins us with a soup recipe to cool off with during the summer.
Chilled Cucumber Soup with Maple Brook Mozzarella & Garden Tomato
Ingredients / serve 2
· 1 English Cucumber
· 1 tbspn of chopped Shallot
· ½ lemon Juice
· 1/3 cup Pure Virgin Olive Oil
· 2 slices of Mozzarella
· 2 slices of Tomato
· 2 basil leaves
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· Water as needed
· Wash the cucumber and cut it into 1 inch rounds, place in a blender, add the shallot, lemon juice, salt & pepper and blend it.
· Once obtaining a semi thick consistency, add the olive and adjust seasoning if necessary. Place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes ( best served chilled)
· Cut the mozzarella and tomato into triangles and layer them and alternate the color. Season with Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper in between layers
· Place it in the center of a soup bowl, top it off with the basil leave.
· Pour the Chilled Soup around it.
PO Box 4508