POWNAL, Vt. (AP) - A fire has destroyed a 50-year-old Vermont business that sells moccasins and other Native American clothing and jewelry.
Pownal Valley Fire Department Chief Joel Howard says he thinks an overloaded power circuit caused the fire at Mahican Moccasins on Thursday.
A man painting the back of the building told the Bennington Banner that the fire appeared to have started in a storage area.
At least 10 firefighters were treated for dehydration and heat exhaustion. One suffered a knee injury and another had an asthma attack.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.