Chef Kim Lambrechts from the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe joins us with a recipe that puts your summer veggies to good use.
Ingredients / serve 4
* ½ cup of diced eggplant
* ½ cup of diced red onion
* ½ cup of diced red pepper
* ½ cup of diced zucchini
* ½ cup of diced summer squash
* ½ cup of diced tomato
* 1 tbsp. of chopped garlic
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 sprig of thyme
* 1tbsp of chopped marjoram / oregano
* 1/4 cup Pure Virgin Olive Oil
* Salt & Pepper to taste
* Heat a large shallow sauté pan, add ½ of the olive oil.
* Place the red onion, red pepper and eggplant in the sauté pan, add
the bay leaf and fresh thyme, stir gently and cook for about 3 minutes on high heat.
* Add more olive oil if necessary, and now add the zucchini, summer
squash, garlic, stir gently & cook for an additional 3 minutes, add the diced tomato & fresh herbs.
* Adjust seasoning with fresh ground pepper and salt.
* Best served right away to preserve the bright colors, flavors &
freshness of this dish.
* This is a great vegetable side dish for the summer whether you serve
grilled meats, fish or with fresh pasta.