LITTLETON, N.H. (AP) - A nearly 170-year-old inn in Littleton, N.H., is undergoing safety upgrades after a fire earlier this year.
The entire electrical system is being evaluated at the Thayers Inn.
Littleton Fire Chief Joe Mercieri says the fire in March was caused by a ceiling light fixture on the second floor hallway that sparked the fire to happen within the floor framing. No one was hurt.
Selectman Milton Bratz tells the Caledonian-Record the fire was detected by smell; none of the smoke detectors were working.
Mercieri said the smoke detectors are now operational.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.