Chef Kim Lambrechts from the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe joins us with a fall vegetable recipe.
Recipe for Root Vegetables Hash
· 1/4 cup of diced carrot
· 1/4 cup of diced parsnips
· 1/4 cup of diced celery root
· 1/4 cup of diced apples
· 1/4 cup of diced celery
· 1/4 cup of apple cider
· 3 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme & rosemary finely chopped
· 2 tablespoon of chopped shallots
· 2 tablespoon of butter
· 4tablespoon of olive oil
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· Ground Nutmeg
· Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on high heat, add ½ of the butter
· Once the butter is melted, add the carrots & celery root, cook for one minute, then add the shallot, parsnips & celery, sauté for another minute.
· Deglaze the vegetables with the apple cider, let it evaporate
· Add the apple cider and let it reduce
· Sprinkle the fresh chopped herbs, stir well, add the rest of the butter, and correct seasoning.
· This vegetable hash is a great accompaniment for any meat or poultry, great with scallops too or on it's own