Vt. Firefighter injured during blaze - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Vt. Firefighter injured during blaze

Posted: Updated:
RANDOLPH, Vt. -

A firefighter in Randolph was airlifted from the scene of a house fire.

The fire started in the bathroom of a house on Forest Street.  When firefighters arrived the blaze had spread to the living room. The fire was quickly put out and everyone got out safely. The firefighter that was injured, was not fighting the blaze.

"It appears he had an episode with his heart. He collapsed and was revived through CPR & electric shock. He was talking to us when he was in the ambulance and then they took him to Dartmouth," said Randolph Fire Chief Jay Collete.

The volunteer firefighter that is in his 60s.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.