Quantcast

NH fire caused by heating appliance on terrarium - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

NH fire caused by heating appliance on terrarium

Posted: Updated:

CLAREMONT, N.H. (AP) - Firefighters believe a heating appliance used for a pet snake's terrarium is the cause of a fire at a home in Claremont, N.H.

Fire Chief Rick Bergeron told the Eagle-Times the terrarium was up against a wall, and the heat generated from the appliance burned into the interior on Monday afternoon.

Bergeron said once the fire made its way into the ceiling of the first floor, it traveled elsewhere and eventually woke up a sleeping resident.

The snake died; no injuries were reported.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.