Chef Kim Lambrechts from the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe joins us with a tasty appetizer idea.
Creamy Leek Toast / 12 toasts hors d'oeuvre size
· 1 Cup of Minced Leek
· 1 Small Chopped Shallot
· 2 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
· ½ Teaspoon of Chopped Fresh Thyme
· 1/3 Cup of Heavy Cream
· Salt & Pepper to Taste
· Ground Nutmeg
· Red Pepper (Garnish)
· 12 Crostini (French Bread, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper)
· Cut the French bread into small slices, brush with olive oil on both sides, season with salt & pepper. Place on a cookie tray in a pre heated oven at 375 degrees .Cook them for 7 minutes until they crisp up. Let it cool off.
Leek preparation / While the crostini are getting golden brown
· Heat a large sauté pan, add the olive oil
· Add the shallot & leek, stir and let it cook for a minute.
· Add the cream, thyme and seasoning, reduce by 2/3
· Rectify seasoning
· Spread the leek onto the crostini, garnish with a red pepper strip (if you serve them right away)
· If you chose to serve the hors d'oeuvre at a later stage, place the leek toasts in a pre heated 375 degree oven for 3 minutes, add the pepper as a garnish