Fire at Highgate gun shop - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire at Highgate gun shop

Posted: Updated:

A fire at a gun shop in Highgate.

A neighbor called 911 after seeing smoke coming from the M & R gun shop late Thursday afternoon. Crews got the fire out quickly -- and saved much of the store. Investigators are not sure how the fire started. It does not appear to be suspicious.

They say an employee was injured -- while working on a gun  -- and was taken to the hospital by another employee. They locked the shop and left. Soon after that  -- the neighbor spotted smoke.

The elementary school was also evacuated as a precaution.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.