Fire destroys Sharon house - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire destroys Sharon house

Posted: Updated:
SHARON, Vt. -

A fast-moving fire destroyed a house in Sharon.

The fire was first seen around 4:30 p.m. Thursday by a passer-by. Firefighters say the department's tankers struggled to climb the long, icy driveway leading to the house, leaving them without water to fight the fire for almost an hour.

No one was home or injured.

The fire chief says it appears to have started where the chimney and wood stove connect.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.