Frigid temperatures are moving into the region Sunday evening, prompting warnings from first responders.
The American Red Cross is warning about fire dangers associated with trying to stay warm. "After kitchen fires, heating fires are the second leading cause of home fires," said David Bishop with the Red Cross. "Be careful with your heating source. If you have a fire place or a portable heater, don't leave them un-attended. Keep a screen in front of your fireplace. You also want to be careful if you have a generator -- never use it indoors -- that includes your basement and garage. Carbon monoxide can be just as much of a killer as fire can."