Quantcast

Cigarette sparks motel fire in Colchester - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Cigarette sparks motel fire in Colchester

Posted: Updated:
COLCHESTER, Vt. -

Firefighters say a cigarette started a fire at the Motel 6 in Colchester early Wednesday morning.

It happened a little after 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The Colchester fire chief says about 35 firefighters from three departments responded to the fire on South Park Drive, where a person staying at the hotel fell asleep while smoking a cigarette.

That cigarette caught a mattress on fire. Sprinklers put the fire out.

The man who fell asleep smoking was taken to the hospital with burns to his body and face. He's in serious condition. All the guests had to be evacuated.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.