Texas Roadhouse joins us with some Super Bowl appetizer ideas.
How to make Rattlesnake Bites at home
12 large jalapenos, seeded and cut in half
2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon Parmesan, grated
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
Wash jalapenos, cut in half, and take out seeds. Stuff each half with grated jack cheese. In shallow bowl, mix flour, egg, Parmesan, milk, salt, and pepper to taste. Place breadcrumbs in flat dish. Dip jalapeno in egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs. Place in freezer for 1/2 hour. Take out of freezer and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Serve immediately with Ranch Dressing or Cajun Horseradish Sauce!
How to Make Texas Chili (no beans)INGREDIENTS
Water 1 Qt + 1 C (40 oz)
Beef Base 2 oz. (or 8 Beef Bullion Cubes)
Tomato Paste 4 oz
Chili Spices - to taste
Vegetable Oil 1.5 oz
Hamburger 2 pounds
Yellow Onion, Diced 6 oz.
Garlic, Fresh Chopped 1 oz.
Jalapeno, Fine Chopped w/ no seeds ½ oz
Flour 6 oz
Diced Tomatoes 1 can, smallSTEPS
· Add water, beef base, tomato paste and chili spices (to taste) to a large mixing bowl.
· Using a whisk, stir until well dissolved and set aside.
· Pour vegetable oil into a large pot and heat on Medium High.
· Once oil is hot add hamburger meat to the pan.
· Cooke the hamburger meat until all is brown.
· Stir the meat often to keep the meat from sticking to the bottom or sides of the pot.
· Once meat is fully cooked strain off extra grease using a colander.
· Set meat aside for later use.
· Using the same pot or a clean pot, add oil to the pan and heat with range set at medium high.
· Add onions, garlic and jalapeno to the pot
· Sautee until tender.
· Add flour and stir to incorporate with a cook's spoon.
· Add the mixture from step 1 to the pot
· Stir with a whisk until all product is incorporated
· Bring to a boil
· Lower heat to medium and add cooked chili meat
· Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until desired thickness is obtained.
· Mix in drained diced tomatoes and stir until evenly mixed.
· Bring chili back to a boil
· Lower to medium heat and cook until desired consistency is reached.
· Serve immediately.
How to Host a Legendary Super Bowl Party
· Party Space & Seating: Since the party revolves around watching the big game, make sure you have plenty of viewing space available. First, choose where you want everyone to watch the game - either on one big TV or on multiple TVs set up in rooms around the house. Then provide enough comfortable seating for everyone.
· Decorations: Use lots of football themed party decorations including team colors and mascots. Incorporate team colors into balloons, streamers, plates, napkins, and plates. You can even add some New Orleans themed décor since it's the host city.
· Menu: What's a Super Bowl party without great food? Finger foods, appetizers, and snacks are perfect. The game lasts 3 to 4 hours, so serving food buffet style is best. Changing food selections periodically keeps food fresh and interesting.
· Party Attire: Ask guests to wear the team colors or jersey of their favorite team to create a competitive, but friendly atmosphere for your party.
· Rate the Commercials: The Super Bowl commercials are always highly anticipated. Make a fun game out of ranking the best and worst commercials. Ask guests to write down their picks for best and worst commercial. At the end of the game tally the votes.
PO Box 4508