Work begins Wednesday to rebuild a Railroad Street building in St. Johnsbury that burned down just days before Christmas.
The building was swallowed by fire, leaving businesses and families homeless just before the holidays. Firefighters say old, faulty wiring started the fire.
The Caledonian Record reports construction crews expect the work to take about six weeks, and that it won't have a big impact on the downtown.
St. Johnsbury fire dept. looks to replace equipment
St. Johnsbury families left homeless after fire
Huge fire rips through St. Johnsbury building
PO Box 4508
Burlington, VT 05406-4508
Primary Phone: 802-652-6300
Primary email: email@example.com