NY man injured in fire released from hospital - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

NY man injured in fire released from hospital

Posted: Updated:
MALONE, N.Y. -

A tenant rescued from a burning building was released from the hospital Wednesday.

The Malone apartment building went up in flames Tuesday afternoon. Police were able to get everyone out, including an injured man hanging from a window. He suffered first- and second-degree burns, and is now out of the hospital. The building is completely gone. Tenants lost everything.

"We are going to lose quite a bit, all of our groceries, everything. Yup, bed, couch, table, yup," said Everett Pecore, a tenant.

Investigators say the fire appears accidental and started in the ceiling above the second floor. The cause will probably never be known because the damage was so extensive. The fire left about a dozen people homeless.

This is the second devastating along that stretch in the last three months. An apartment building right across the street burned down in November.

Related Story:

Malone apartment house goes up in flames

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.