Sarah Kitchen and students Grace Cook and Tobey Cram are here to show us how to make dog treats.
Third grade students at Founders Memorial School in Essex, Vermont will be baking homemade dog treats and sewing cat toys in order to raise money for Potter's Angels Rescue: http://www.pottersangelsrescue.org.
In addition to in-school baking and sewing, students will be leading an assembly and advertising their products.
2/7 8:40 Baking Dog Treats 1:00 Sewing Cat toys
2/8 8:40 Baking Dog Treats 1:00 Sewing Cat toys
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Treats
2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup canned pumpkin
6-8 tablespoons peanut butter (enough to make dough pliable but not too sticky)
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Add more peanut butter as needed to help make the dough workable.
4. Roll the dough out so it is about ½ inch thick. Use the cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
5. Put the treats on a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes, until they are hard.