Police ID homeless man killed in fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Police ID homeless man killed in fire

Posted: Updated:

Police have identified the man who died in a fire at a homeless camp in St. Albans Town.

Richard Poquette, 54, was found dead in a makeshift shelter in a wooded area behind Domino's Pizza on North Main Street.

Investigators told us it looks like Poquette died from severe burns suffered when the shelter caught fire. Investigators believe the fire was accidental.

"Looks like it was started by accident either with a candle or a reading light type of thing," Franklin County State's Attorney Jim Hughes said.

An autopsy will be conducted to determine the exact cause of death, but investigators do not suspect any foul play.

Related Story:

Homeless person found dead in woods

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.