Police have identified the man who died in a fire at a homeless camp in St. Albans Town.
Richard Poquette, 54, was found dead in a makeshift shelter in a wooded area behind Domino's Pizza on North Main Street.
Investigators told us it looks like Poquette died from severe burns suffered when the shelter caught fire. Investigators believe the fire was accidental.
"Looks like it was started by
accident either with a candle or a reading light type of thing," Franklin
County State's Attorney Jim Hughes said.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the exact cause
of death, but investigators do not suspect any foul play.
Homeless person found dead in woods
PO Box 4508
Burlington, VT 05406-4508
Primary Phone: 802-652-6300
Primary email: email@example.com