Quantcast

Police: Georgia teen killed by accidental CO poisoning - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Police: Georgia teen killed by accidental CO poisoning

Posted: Updated:
ST. ALBANS TOWN, Vt. -

St. Albans Police believe a teen found dead in his parked car was a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police received a call Sunday night about a person slumped over the wheel of car at the park and ride lot in St. Albans Town. Officers responded and broke the window of the Volkswagen Jetta to get to the driver -- who was not breathing. Police identified him as Logan Newell, 17, of Georgia, Vermont. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Police say that Newell died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak in the car's exhaust system. Police say they conducted a vehicle inspection and emissions test on Newell's car late Monday afternoon and it pointed to a faulty exhaust system as the culprit. They said Newell was likely warming up his car when the odorless and colorless gas overwhelmed him.

An official cause of death has not been filed by the medical examiner yet.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.