St. Albans Police believe a teen found dead in his parked car was a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police received a call Sunday night about a person slumped over the wheel of car at the park and ride lot in St. Albans Town. Officers responded and broke the window of the Volkswagen Jetta to get to the driver -- who was not breathing. Police identified him as Logan Newell, 17, of Georgia, Vermont. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police say that Newell died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning from a leak in the car's exhaust system. Police say they conducted a vehicle inspection and emissions test on Newell's car late Monday afternoon and it pointed to a faulty exhaust system as the culprit. They said Newell was likely warming up his car when the odorless and colorless gas overwhelmed him.
An official cause of death has not been filed by the medical examiner yet.
Tuesday, December 10 2013 4:46 AM EST2013-12-10 09:46:02 GMT
St. Albans police are on the hunt for an armed robber who targeted a convenience store. Police say at about 9:45 p.m. Monday, a man entered the South Main Grocery and displayed a weapon. He left the storeMore >>
St. Albans police are on the hunt for an armed robber who targeted a convenience store.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 4:48 AM EST2013-12-10 09:48:36 GMT
A former New Hampshire police chief will not face criminal charges. David Seastrand resigned in April after four women came forward and accused him of inappropriate actions ranging from sexual contactMore >>
A former New Hampshire police chief will not face criminal charges.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 8:18 AM EST2013-12-10 13:18:45 GMT
A non-profit group has donated close to $23,000 worth of protective vests to police dogs in Vermont and New Hampshire. The special vests provide two dozen police dogs protection from both bullet and stabMore >>
A non-profit group has donated close to $23,000 worth of protective vests to police dogs in Vermont and New Hampshire.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 8:10 AM EST2013-12-10 13:10:07 GMT
A new twist in a lawsuit against a Vermont ski resort. A Massachusetts family say their 5-year-old was taking skiing lessons when a snowboard instructor, William Vincent of Montgomery, slammed into herMore >>
A new twist in a lawsuit against a Vermont ski resort.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 9:26 AM EST2013-12-10 14:26:17 GMT
A busy night Monday at the Burlington city council meeting where redistricting the city was a major discussion. Population shifts have forced the city to remap Burlington's districts to create more equalMore >>
A busy night Monday at the Burlington City Council meeting where redistricting the city was a major discussion.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 9:28 AM EST2013-12-10 14:28:42 GMT
Burlington considers plans for the run-down Moran Plant. For 25 years, the coal-fired power plant has stood empty on the Burlington waterfront. A proposed project -- called the "New Moran" -- would beMore >>
Burlington is again considering plans for the rundown Moran Plant on the city's waterfront. More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 9:30 AM EST2013-12-10 14:30:08 GMT
A child playing with a lighter was responsible for a Champlain, New York apartment fire. That's according to the Champlain Fire Department. Firefighters arrived at this apartment complex at 25 SpruceMore >>
A child playing with a lighter was responsible for a Champlain, N.Y., apartment fire. That's according to the Champlain Fire Department.More >>
Tuesday, December 10 2013 9:31 AM EST2013-12-10 14:31:04 GMT
An equipment fire kept crews busy in Middlebury Monday. About 30 firefighters responded to a blaze at the Champlain Valley Equipment facility on Exchange Street. The Middlebury fire chief says there'sMore >>
An equipment fire kept crews busy in Middlebury Monday.More >>