Georgia, Vt., teen remembered - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Georgia, Vt., teen remembered

Posted: Updated:

A tragic accident took the life of a Georgia, Vt., teen. He was poisoned by carbon monoxide. 

Tuesday night the high school student was remembered.

"We're all here for Logan. Cause we miss him," explained family friend Nicole Paquette-Helms, "since he was a glint in his daddy's eyes."

Paquette-Helms baby-sat him when he was boy. She joined hundreds of other friends to honor him at a vigil in St. Albans Taylor Park Tuesday night.

"He was a good kid.  A friend I've known since forever," reflected friend Dylan Hardy.

Logan was found slumped over the wheel of his car in the St. Albans Park and Ride Sunday, dead from carbon monoxide poisoning.

"There is no fault to be laid here on Logan or anyone else," explained Chief Gary Taylor, St. Albans Police Department.

Investigators found two leaks in the exhaust system on Logan's Volkswagen Jetta. One by the air intake valve caused exhaust to be sucked into the car when the heat was on, filling it with deadly carbon monoxide levels within 7-9 minutes.

"It developed some rust and some leakage in the exhaust system. Pretty common thing that happens in Vermont with the weather we experience," Taylor said.

Police say last week an officer spotted Logan at the same rest area reportedly feeling tired and nauseous. Logan knew he had car problems. Police say he had ordered a part for his exhaust. But no one suspected he was being poisoned.

Fire trucks honored the junior from Bellows Free Academy.  Friends shared stories, offered shoulders to cry on, and promised never to forget.

"Cool to see how much of an impact he had on everybody's life and that so many people cared about him," said Hardy.

Paquette-Helms agreed, "This is a small town. So you have to figure that Logan knew a lot of people, and touched a lot of people."

Police say Logan had just been dropped off at his car and may have been letting it warm up when he died.

Related Stories:

Police say car problem led to Vt. teen's death

Police: Georgia teen killed by accidental CO poisoning

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.