Two people escaped an early morning house fire in Enosburgh Wednesday.
Part of a home off Woodland Neighborhood Road was in flames when firefighters arrived. Enosburgh Fire Chief Mark LaRose said the garage and a breezeway leading to the house were in flames. He also said a car inside the structure was also fully involved.
"The homeowner was woke up by a smoke alarm, there was smoke going into the house... the homeowner woke up and then dialed 911, and that got the process under way," LaRose said.
The chief credited the smoke detector with saving the lives of the homeowners. No one was injured, but the siding on the house had burned and a window was broken. The garage was destroyed.