A Port Henry man has admitted he tried to burn down part of the business district last year.
Joseph King plead guilty to arson and other charges in court Thursday. The 44-year-old was accused of setting fires at buildings owned by Mountain Lake Services in Port Henry back in January of last year.
He's being sentenced in May and faces up to 14 years behind bars.
The Plattsburgh Press Republican reports repairs to the building are expected to begin in a few weeks.
Friday, March 7 2014 3:04 PM EST2014-03-07 20:04:45 GMT
Police are investigating a suspicious package in Williston. Investigators say the parcel with an unknown white powder inside was found at a building on Hurricane Lane. The building was evacuated. WillistonMore >>
Officials say a suspicious package that prompted evacuations at a building on Hurricane Lane in Williston Friday contained starch.More >>
Friday, March 7 2014 11:46 AM EST2014-03-07 16:46:45 GMT
Related Stories: O'Hagan children attend playground dedication Charges coming in Pat O'Hagan murder? Clock runs out on some potential charges in O'Hagan case Frustration over unsolved murder at SheffieldMore >>
The Caledonia County state's attorney is filing paperwork to bring murder charges against three men in the 2010 murder of Sheffield grandmother Pat O'Hagan. More >>
Friday, March 7 2014 10:42 AM EST2014-03-07 15:42:34 GMT
The state of Vermont released new evidence in hopes of keeping a Manchester woman behind bars. Fifty-year-old Patricia Kane was arrested on charges of interfering with the custody of a minor in January.More >>
The state of Vermont released new evidence in hopes of keeping a Manchester woman behind bars.More >>
Friday, March 7 2014 12:27 PM EST2014-03-07 17:27:43 GMT
Investigators say a late-night fire at the old Burlington Free Press building was an act of arson. A fire alarm went off in the College Street property at 11:20 p.m. Thursday. Fire crews found a smallMore >>
Investigators say a late-night fire at the old Burlington Free Press building was an act of arson.More >>
Friday, March 7 2014 2:03 PM EST2014-03-07 19:03:49 GMT
A Swanton man was injured Friday in an explosion and fire in the garage at his home on Church Street. Police say Warren Caswell called 911 just after 10 a.m. to report a propane explosion and fire. HeMore >>
A Swanton man was injured Friday in an explosion and fire in the garage at his home on Church Street.More >>