Quantcast

Fire forces family from St. Albans apartment - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire forces family from St. Albans apartment

Posted: Updated:
ST. ALBANS, Vt. -

Multiple generations of a family were able to escape a house fire in St. Albans.

The call came in just after midnight at 207 North Main Street for a fire at a multi-family home.

Firefighters say it started in the kitchen and the stove and dishwasher burst into flames. There were no injuries reported. Two adults and a child were able to escape through the front door. Two others had to be rescued from the roof because they couldn't see through the smoke.

"I tried to go through the smoke, but I couldn't make it through the hallway. So I climbed out the window onto the other roof. I tried to grab her, and she finally came up. We were stuck on the roof until the Fire Department came," Kevin St. Francis said.

Fire officials say the family can't move back in right now. The Red Cross is now helping them.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.