Multiple generations of a family were able to escape a house fire in St. Albans.
The call came in just after midnight at 207 North Main Street for a fire at a multi-family home.
Firefighters say it started in the kitchen and the stove and dishwasher burst into flames. There were no injuries reported. Two adults and a child were able to escape through the front door. Two others had to be rescued from the roof because they couldn't see through the smoke.
"I tried to go through the smoke, but I couldn't make it through the hallway. So I climbed out the window onto the other roof. I tried to grab her, and she finally came up. We were stuck on the roof until the Fire Department came," Kevin St. Francis said.
Fire officials say the family can't move back in right now. The Red Cross is now helping them.
Friday, April 18 2014 10:13 PM EDT2014-04-19 02:13:23 GMT
A mother and her five-old child were taken to Fletcher Allen Friday night after being hit by a car in Winooski. Police say the accident happened around 8-30 at the intersection of West Spring and NorthMore >>
A mother and her five-old child were taken to Fletcher Allen Friday night after being hit by a car in Winooski.More >>
Friday, April 18 2014 5:16 PM EDT2014-04-18 21:16:40 GMT
Vt. State Police say a small plane has crashed on Interstate 89 north in Highgate. A state airport official confirms that a single-engine aerobatic plane was in the vicinity of the Franklin County StateMore >>
The pilot of a small plane parachuted to safety before his aircraft crashed on Interstate 89 north in Highgate Friday. More >>