Chef Kim Lambrechts from the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe joins us with a recipe for a fish dish -- that even non-fish-lovers will enjoy.
Salmon & Asparagus Wrapped in Puff Pastry
Ingredients ( serving 2)
· 3 oz. of salmon diced finely
· 3 tablespoon of heavy cream
· 1 teaspoon of finely chopped shallot
· 1 teaspoon of finely chopped chives
· 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
· 4 green asparagus
· 1 small puff pastry sheet
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
· 1 egg yolk whisked with 1 tablespoon of water
· Combine the salmon, shallots, cream, chives in a bowl, season with salt & pepper, mix all the ingredients thoroughly and add the lemon juice. Set it aside.
· Roll the puff pastry into a rectangular shape
· Place half of the salmon on the puff pastry using a pastry bag or a rubber spatula, Lay the asparagus over and cover these with the rest of the salmon mixture.
· Brush the puff pastry all around with the beaten egg yolk, roll the pastry (tightly) to form a log , fold in the sides.
· Brush the top with the egg yolk.
· Place the puff pastry log on an oiled parchment paper, bake in a pre heated oven at 375 degrees for about 18 minutes.
· Slice and serve.
PO Box 4508