Trash fire started by child with a lit match - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Trash fire started by child with a lit match

Posted: Updated:
BURLINGTON, Vt. -

Burlington firefighters are warning parents to keep matches and cigarette lighters away from children.

A fire in a trash bin was started by a child who dropped a lighted match into the trash.

Officials say the fire Wednesday was put out in 10 minutes and no one was injured. The house near it had slight heat damage.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.