A young family in South Hero escaped a fire late Sunday night.
Firefighters say it started outside an apartment attached to a house on East Shore Road, which is owned by the CHAMP organization -- a nonprofit that helps kids using horses.
The residents were in bed when they heard a popping noise and saw the fire. They were able to get out with their child through the house. Firefighters put the fire out quickly, and no one was hurt.
A fire marshal is investigating.
PO Box 4508
Burlington, VT 05406-4508
Primary Phone: 802-652-6300
Primary email: firstname.lastname@example.org