Quantcast

Highgate home gutted by fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Highgate home gutted by fire

Posted: Updated:
HIGHGATE, Vt. -

A home in Highgate was gutted by fire Thursday.

Arriving firefighters found smoke pouring from the Wells home on Luke Street. The back of the home soon burst into flames.

Officials say the fire worked in between layers of the roof of the old home, making it difficult to fight.

The homeowner was awakened by a smoke detector and got out with the help of a neighbor.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.