Quantcast

Cigarette to blame for Lyndonville house fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Cigarette to blame for Lyndonville house fire

Posted: Updated:
LYNDONVILLE, Vt. -

A discarded cigarette was to blame for a fire in Lyndonville that left a family of four homeless.

A passerby reported the fire on Speedwell Drive Wednesday afternoon.

Officials say the fire started when a cigarette sparked a pile of debris near the garage. The flames spread quickly to the home and also burned across a grassy area, but firefighters were able to stop it before it threatened other homes.

Related Stories:

Home fire investigation in Lyndonville

Crews battle house fire in Lyndonville

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.