Everything Animals: Driver tips for encountering injured animals - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Everything Animals: Driver tips for encountering injured animals

Posted: Updated:

It's summer, and more people are hitting the roads for summer trips -- and that means more car-vs-animal collisions.

JoAnn Nichols, a licensed wildlife rehab expert, joins us this morning with some information about how you should proceed if you come across a dead or injured animal on the road.

She says for "game" animals like turkeys or deer, you should call a game warden, whereas for more "common" animals like skunks or raccoons, you should contact your local roads office.

If you happen to encounter an injured/dead domestic animal -- like a dog or cat -- call local animal control (or the police department). If you can SAFELY rescue the injured animal, you can take it to an emergency veterinarian.

For the full list of tips, you can visit the Humane Society of Chittenden County's blog:


Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.