Quantcast

Fire guts West Rutland home; ruled accidental - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire guts West Rutland home; ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
Courtesy: Mike Chaloux Courtesy: Mike Chaloux
Courtesy: Mike Chaloux Courtesy: Mike Chaloux
Courtesy: Mike Chaloux Courtesy: Mike Chaloux
Courtesy: Mike Chaloux Courtesy: Mike Chaloux
Courtesy: Mike Chaloux Courtesy: Mike Chaloux

WEST RUTLAND, Vt. (AP) - A fire that severely damaged a home in the Vermont town of West Rutland has been ruled accidental.

Firefighters were called Sunday afternoon to the home of George and Tammy Mill on Mead Road in West Rutland and found heavy smoke and fire coming from a window.

Police say the Mills were not home at the time of the blaze, but a cat perished.

The West Rutland Fire Department requested a Vermont State Police investigation.

On Monday, fire investigators went to the scene and determined the fire was accidental and likely due to a failed power strip.

Authorities say the house is badly damaged and likely a total loss.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.