Carbon monoxide scare at Brattleboro nursing home - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Carbon monoxide scare at Brattleboro nursing home

Posted: Updated:
BRATTLEBORO, Vt. -

A carbon monoxide scare in Brattleboro Friday morning.

Fire officials say a boiler in the basement of the Pine Heights Nursing home malfunctioned, causing exhaust to be sucked into the air conditioning units on the upper floors.

Sixty-two residents had to be moved to a lower level. Several were showing signs of CO exposure. But no one was taken to the hospital.

That boiler was fixed a few hours later.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.