Fire at Burlington home caused by smoking materials - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire at Burlington home caused by smoking materials

Posted: Updated:

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) - The Burlington Fire Department says a house fire in the Vermont city was caused by smoking materials that hadn't been properly extinguished.

The fire at the Orchard Terrace home was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Monday.

When firefighters arrived they found smoke and flames coming from the roofline over the garage of the occupied residence.

The fire was extinguished within minutes. Damage was estimated at $5,000.

There were no injuries.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.