Fire rips through Brattleboro apartment building - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire rips through Brattleboro apartment building

Posted: Updated:

Six families in Brattleboro are homeless after fire ripped through their apartment building.

It happened on Elliot Street around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Officials say flames and heavy smoke poured from the seven-unit building.

All residents and pets escaped unharmed. The Red Cross is helping 17 displaced residents find homes.

No word yet on what sparked that blaze, but officials say it appears to have started on the third floor.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.