Homeowners help firefighters put out flames - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Homeowners help firefighters put out flames

Posted: Updated:
MILTON, Vt. -

Firefighters say quick-thinking homeowners helped save their house in Milton.

What started as a fire in the fireplace at 240 Eagle Mountain Harbor Road turned into an all-out chimney fire around 7:30 Sunday night.

People at the house called 9-1-1.

And they also grabbed a garden hose and fire extinguishers to try to put it out until help arrived.

Firefighters say that stopped it from spreading to other parts of the house.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.