A University of Vermont employee found dead after a fire in her home died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Kathleen Cook lived in the university-owned home on South Prospect Street. Her body was found in the charred interior of the house last Thursday morning. Autopsy results show Cook died from a handgun wound to the head, and her death has been ruled a suicide.
Police have still not said how the fire started, but they say it was not an accident and no foul play is suspected.
Friday, March 7 2014 11:46 AM EST2014-03-07 16:46:45 GMT
Related Stories: O'Hagan children attend playground dedication Charges coming in Pat O'Hagan murder? Clock runs out on some potential charges in O'Hagan case Frustration over unsolved murder at SheffieldMore >>
The Caledonia County state's attorney is filing paperwork to bring murder charges against three men in the 2010 murder of Sheffield grandmother Pat O'Hagan. More >>
Friday, March 7 2014 10:42 AM EST2014-03-07 15:42:34 GMT
The state of Vermont released new evidence in hopes of keeping a Manchester woman behind bars. Fifty-year-old Patricia Kane was arrested on charges of interfering with the custody of a minor in January.More >>
The state of Vermont released new evidence in hopes of keeping a Manchester woman behind bars.More >>
Friday, March 7 2014 12:27 PM EST2014-03-07 17:27:43 GMT
Investigators say a late-night fire at the old Burlington Free Press building was an act of arson. A fire alarm went off in the College Street property at 11:20 p.m. Thursday. Fire crews found a smallMore >>
Investigators say a late-night fire at the old Burlington Free Press building was an act of arson.More >>
Friday, March 7 2014 2:03 PM EST2014-03-07 19:03:49 GMT
A Swanton man was injured Friday in an explosion and fire in the garage at his home on Church Street. Police say Warren Caswell called 911 just after 10 a.m. to report a propane explosion and fire. HeMore >>
A Swanton man was injured Friday in an explosion and fire in the garage at his home on Church Street.More >>