CO scare at Rutland home - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

CO scare at Rutland home

Posted: Updated:
RUTLAND, Vt. -

A carbon monoxide scare at a home in Rutland Friday morning.

At about 6:30 a.m. firefighters were called to a residence on North Main Street after a carbon monoxide alarm went off.

Fire officials say they did find unsafe levels of carbon monoxide in the home and determined it was due to a faulty furnace.

Everyone in the home got out when the alarm sounded and no one was injured.

State law requires that all buildings where people sleep in Vermont be equipped with CO detectors.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.