Quantcast

Worker injured in Sheraton fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Worker injured in Sheraton fire

Posted: Updated:
BURLINGTON, Vt. -

A contract worker doing a remodeling project at the Sheraton in South Burlington suffered burns Monday.

He accidentally lit a piece of construction material on fire with a torch. He brought the burning material into the bathroom to put it out, but officials say that room was filled with flammable vapors and the room burst into flames, setting the worker's clothes on fire.  He was hospitalized.  No guests were injured, but officials say the fire caused upwards of $30,000 damage.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.