Officials say chimney likely caused Essex house fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Officials say chimney likely caused Essex house fire

Posted: Updated:

A home in Essex without power burned down on Christmas Eve.

Firefighters say no one was inside the home on Old Stage Road when the fire broke out Tuesday night.

The area had been without power since Sunday night and officials say a neighbor had been stopping by and keeping a wood stove burning to keep pipes in the house from freezing while the homeowner was away.

Investigators believe the stove's chimney was the likely source of the fire.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.