Police ID Vt. man killed by CO poisoning - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Police ID Vt. man killed by CO poisoning

Posted: Updated:
ALBANY, Vt. -

Vermont State Police have released the identity of a man who died of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. He is Mitchell Rowell, 60, of Albany.

Police say Rowell was running a generator in his garage because power was out at his home. His body was found Monday morning.

Police remind people to be cautious with generators and other heating equipment. They say never run generators inside or near windows or other areas where exhaust can vent inside.

Early symptoms of CO poisoning can be confused with flu-like symptoms. They include headache, dizziness and nausea. It can also cause sleepiness, vision problems, ringing in the areas, aching arms and legs, irregular breathing, fatigue and confusion.

Related Story:

Police: Albany man dies from CO poisoning

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.