A blaze destroyed an auto repair shop in Rutland Wednesday afternoon.
The Rutland City Fire Department says it got the call at 3:20 p.m. that there was a fire at Big Joe's on West Street.
Fire officials say due to highly flammable materials inside the building like vehicles with gasoline, tires and oil, they used a special operation to fight the fire.
"When we arrived on the scene there was heavy smoke showing and fire showing inside. And the initial crew of seven did an evaluation and it was decided that we were going to do what we call a defensive operation," Rutland City Fire Chief Robert Schlachter explained.
That means fighting the fire from the outside only in case of any explosions.
Officials say there was no one inside the building when they arrived and no one was hurt.
Firefighters say employees using torches started the fire and it's been ruled accidental.
Crews were able to save a number of vehicles in the surrounding lot as well as the shop's business records.