Springfield Fire Dept: Family safe after house fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Springfield Fire Dept: Family safe after house fire

Posted: Updated:
SPRINGFIELD, Vt. -

A Springfield family is safe after their house caught fire.

The house was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

Crews say all four people made it out safely, but they realized they forgot their dog.

Firefighters rushed into the burning home and bundled the dog in a blanket and got it out safely.

Battling the flames in subzero temperatures took its toll on some of the first responders.

One firefighter was sent to the hospital, but he has since been released.

Investigators think the fire started in the garage then spread to the house.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.