Quantcast

Stowe fire sparked by heat, cleaning chemicals - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Stowe fire sparked by heat, cleaning chemicals

Posted: Updated:
STOWE, Vt. -

Officials say a fire at the Trapp Family Lodge Monday was a case of spontaneous combustion. It happened in the laundry building around 6 p.m.

Stowe's fire chief says several bins spontaneously combusted from heat and cleaning chemicals. Fire and water damage was estimated at at least $40,000. Crews from Waterbury and Morrisville assisted.

Chief Mark Sgantas says spontaneous combustion is a concern for homeowners as well as businesses.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.