Fire ripped through the second floor of a home in Lunenburg Wednesday morning.
The blaze broke out at a single family vacation house on Guildhall Hill Road around 10 a.m.
A caretaker for the property says he was alerted to cold temperatures in the house and set a fire in a wood stove to heat up the property.
Firefighters believe that may have led to a chimney fire that significantly damaged parts of the house. Crews say the cold led to water freezing on site as they tackled the flames.
The homeowners were not in town at the time of the fire.
PO Box 4508
Burlington, VT 05406-4508
Primary Phone: 802-652-6300
Primary email: firstname.lastname@example.org