Fire in Charlotte - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Fire in Charlotte

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, Vt. -

Fire broke out Wednesday at a Charlotte garage.

The town's fire chief says a neighbor spotted the flames coming out of the roof of a garage on Churchill Road. The structure is owned by Charlotte's road commissioner, who is contracted to plow town roads. Officials say it appears the fire started in a stove pipe running through the ceiling to the chimney. It took five crews about an hour to put out the blaze.

Officials say the damage was limited to the ceiling and roof around the chimney.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.