Burlington fire caused by incense stick - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Burlington fire caused by incense stick

Posted: Updated:

MONTPELIER, Vt. (AP) - Vermont officials say a fire in a Burlington apartment building last week was caused by a burning stick of incense.

A news release says that a stick of burning incense was left unattended near a partially open window. The incense stick ignited nearby curtains and the fire spread to a mattress.

The Burlington Fire Marshal's Office is classifying the fire as accidental.

The fire marshal is reminding members of the public to always extinguish incense or candles when leaving a room and to keep such items clear of other objects which may catch flame or combust.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related Story:

Firefighters battle Burlington blaze

Powered by Frankly
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.