Sprinkler system saves Barre building in fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Sprinkler system saves Barre building in fire

Posted: Updated:

BARRE, Vt. (AP) - A working sprinkler system in a fourth-floor apartment has been credited with saving an historic building in Barre, Vt.

The fire department said Thursday the fire started when items being cooked were left unattended on the stove in the building, known as the Bolster Block.

No injuries were reported and two residents were temporarily displaced.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.