Overheated equipment sparks Brandon fire - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Overheated equipment sparks Brandon fire

Posted: Updated:
BRANDON, Vt. -

Fire destroyed a two-story barn behind a home in Brandon.

Brandon and Pittsford fire departments responded to the home just off of Route 7 in Brandon shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday when they were alerted to the blaze by Vermont State Police.

The structure behind the home was on fire and took them just over an hour to extinguish.

Brandon Fire officials say the fire started after the owner of the home was plowing his driveway with a lawnmower with a blade on it, and the machine did not cool down enough before being put away.

"The motor is warm and if it gets close to other combustible materials they will transfer heat and combust," Brandon Fire Lt. Scott Trask said.

No one was hurt and the main house was not damaged in the blaze.

The homeowner tells us the structure was used to store tools and machinery.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WCAX. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.